- Do you master the English Language?
- Do you have an experience in civil society projects?
- Are you motivated to serve youth and democracy issues?
We need a person like you to coordinate our new project on Youth and Local Governance in Tunis
In partnership with MEPI (Middle East Partnership Initiative)
About the project:
Our project aims at training youth in the fields of citizenship and local governance as well as preparing them to motivate other youth in their regions to participate actively in the improvement of local services in their districts. The project includes a series of workshops in citizenship and the youth rights in the constitution, as well as training workshops in communication, influencing and managing civic awareness campaigns.
About Jasmine Foundation:
Jasmine Foundation for Research and Communication is a nonprofit think tank registered in the Official Gazette as an association n°2013T04082APSF1.
Jasmine Foundation aims to spread the values of democracy and peaceful coexistence in Tunisia through projects and initiatives to empower youth and women in deprived areas and educate them about the importance of active citizenship in public affairs and participation in deciding the future of their country and inciting them to plan their professional life and get out of the sphere of unemployment and poverty.
The mission of the project coordinator:
The implementation of the project
- Leading the project team to achieve the objectives of the project
- Planning and implementing the project activities according to the general calendar
- Writing narrative and financial reports and answering all the queries of the funder
- Monitoring the progress of the project and making the necessary modifications to achieve the goals of the project
- Preparing files to make sure that all the related-to-project information are documented appropriately
- Establishing and maintaining a network of relationships with all the stakeholders.
- Guaranteeing the quality of the project outputs in the available time, within budget and with the expected quality
Administrative and financial missions
- Improving templates, archives and documenting the activities of the project
- Managing the budget of the project accordingly with the applicable financial policies and procedures
- Revising the quality of the work done with the project team regularily to make sure that they meet the standards of the project
- Preparing the financial reports and the supporting documents to the sponsor as mentioned in the funding conventions
- Monitoring and using all the expenditures of the project according to the accredited budget
The evaluation of the project :
- Evaluating the templates and data and documenting the activities of the project
- Communicating with the sponsors to guarantee the continuity of funding for the coming years
Skills and capacities
- Knowledge in project coordination and the activities of civil society in Tunisia
- Competence in the use of computer in :
- – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- – Outlook and email
- – Internet
The project coordinator should prove competence in:
- Effective communication using Arabic and English and writing clearly and comprehensively by using the appropriate and effective communication tools
- Capacity to create and innovate: Developing innovative ways to improve performance and to create new opportunities.
- Team work: Working cooperatively and effectively with others to take effective decisions and achieve the objectives
- The capacity to inspire others to achieve the expected results.
- Making decisions : Evaluating the situations to specify the opportunities and the risks as well as to make clear decisions in the right time
- Organisation : Identifying priorities, setting the activity timetable and monitoring the work progress
- 3 years’ experience in planning and implementing the civil society projects in Tunisia
- Experience in financial and administrative missions
- Experience in team management